Carbs: 3 g
Fat: 14 g
Protein: 3 g
Servings: 18 tarts
- Mini muffin tin sprayed with oil
- 2 medium mixing bowls
- Small bowl (using microwave) OR small pan (using stove top) to melt butter
- Small bowl (using microwave) OR double-boiler (using stove top) to melt chocolate
- Closable plastic bag (ie, Ziploc) with one corner snipped on angle OR pastry bag with appropriate tip, for piping mousse
- Wire rack, for cooling
- Hand mixer, spoon, or egg beater to whip cream
- 1 cup (250 ml) almond flour
- 0.75 cup (187.5 ml) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 0.25 cup (62.5 ml) whey protein
- 2 tbsps erithritol sweetener of choice
- 1/8 tsp (0.7 ml) baking soda (a good pinch should do it)
- 1/8 tsp (0.7 ml) salt (again, a good pinch should do it)
- 2 tbsps (30 ml) melted butter
- 3 tbsps (45 ml) heavy cream
- 1¼ cups (312.5 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 0.5 tsp (2.5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (5 ml) instant coffee
- 2 egg yolks
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp erythritol sweetener of choice
- 3 oz (85 g) Ross Dark Chocolate (one pouch of minis), chopped or broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 C)
- Mix butter and cream. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix coconut, almond flour, whey powder, erythritol, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the butter and cream mixture. Mix well.
- Use a tablespoon to spoon pastry into each muffin tin and flatten each to form a tart shell. I used the end of the rolling pin to form a good circle.
- Bake for about 3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove shells from pan and allow to cool on wire rack.
- Melt the chopped chocolate in microwave (uses 20-second intervals, stir in between) or use double-boiler. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, whip cream to firm peaks, adding vanilla towards the end of whipping.
- Mix egg yolks and salt in clean medium bowl.
- Add chocolate to the egg yolks and stir well with spatula.
- Add a couple of spoonfuls of whipped cream to the chocolate mixture and stir to loosen a bit.
- Add the remaining whipped cream and fold through.
- Put chocolate mousse mixture in a zipped plastic bag or use pastry bag to pipe the mousse into each tart shell.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Serve with fresh berries or shaved Ross Dark Chocolate on top and enjoy!