Calories: 131 Calories (per 2 mini muffin cups)
Carbs: 3.78g (per 2 mini muffin cups)
Fat: 13.86g (per 2 mini muffin cups)
Protein: 0.47g (per 2 mini muffin cups)
Servings: 24 servings (48 mini muffin cups)
- Microwave safe glass bowl
- Silicone spatula
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Cookie cutters (optional)
- 8oz Ross Chocolates Dark chopped
- 1oz cocoa butter
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 4oz cocoa butter
- 0.5 cup coconut oil
- 6 tbsp powdered swerve sweetener
- 1 tbsp peppermint extract
- sugar free peppermint candies crashed
- In a microwave safe bowl, combined the chopped chocolate and cocoa butter. Heat on high in 30 second increments, stirring until smooth. Alternatively, you can melt the chocolate on the stove-top double-boiler style.
- Stir in the peppermint extract.
- Pour on a parchment paper lined dish or baking sheet. Spread a little bit to form about 10 inches diameter circle. If using cookie cutters, set them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and spoon a little of the melted chocolate into each. Use a toothpick or other small pointed utensil to push the chocolate into the corners of each cookie cutter. If using silicone mini muffin cups, use about 48 and divide the chocolate between them.
- Freeze the chocolate layer for at least 30 minutes to set.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combined the cocoa butter, powdered sweetener and coconut oil. Heat on high in 30 second increments, stirring until smooth. Alternatively, you can melt them on the stove-top double-boiler style.
- Whisk in the powdered sweetener and peppermint extract until smooth.
- Divide the mixture among the cookie cutters or muffin cups or spread over the chocolate layer in the pan.
- Freeze about 10 to 20 minutes, until just starting to set, then sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies, if using.
- Return to the freezer until completely set, another 20 minutes or so.